As golf continues to evolve, so does the equipment. Each year we see new clubs, clothes and accessories to help your golf game. But sometimes, we look past one of the most important pieces of equipment a golfer should have; the golf bag. Golf Life shows you our Top Golf Bags of 2018 and why the golf bag is becoming more and more important to the everyday golfer!
Golf bags used to be simple. You either had a cart bag or a carry bag and it only had one pocket for your golf balls. Today, for better or for worse, we as golfers have developed the need to bring all of our accessories with us wherever our golf bag goes. We have golf balls, tees, rangefinders, gloves, training aids and you can’t forget about those ice cold adult beverages that need to live in your bag. Luckily for us, companies have created golf bags to help us cope with all the necessities that come with the game of golf. Here are our top golf bags of 2018!
1. Vessel Bags
Since 2012, Vessel has created bags for golfers, athletes and celebrites all over the world. With their high-quality materials and craftsmanship, Vessel definitley passes the eye and the performance test for golfers and the everyday consumer. All the way down to the last stitch, Vessel’s cart bags and stand bags are what catapulted them into our top golf bags of 2018.
Vessel’s mission is to make a difference in this world. With their buy a bag, give a bag program, they are providing children all over the world with school backpacks. Since the program was installed, they have been able to give 28,095 (and counting) backpacks to children in need. Not only do they create an amazing product for the golfer and the general consumer, but their philanthropic efforts make them stand out even more! For more information on Vessel check out their website: http://bit.ly/
LUX CART 2.0 – $375
– Forward facing pockets for easy access while on a cart.
– Micro-Suede Synthetic Leather; Protects against weather.
– Passes the eye test for a beautiful golf bag.
PLAYERS STAND BAG – $290
– Simple stand system and comfortable carrying experience.
– Amazing detail with design.
– 5 colors combinations.
Year after year, Datrek pushes the market forward with design and innovation. This year is no different with their cart bags and stand bags. The great thing about Datrek is the room and accessability that each golf bag gives to the golfer. They have found a happy medium between big pockets while keeping the golf bag at a reasonable size. Their versatility and accessability are what got them into our top golf bags of 2018. Find out more here: datrek.com
LITE RIDER II CART BAG – $160
– 15-way top full-length Individual Divider System.
– Soft Grip handles for easy pickup.
– Lightweight; only weights 5.5 LBS
GO LITE HYBRID STAND BAG – $150
– Lightweight; only weights 5.2 LBS
– Golf Digest Editors Choice Award Winner
– 6 Total pockets for accessories.
3. BAG BOY
The Bag Boy Company continues to impress year after year. They continue to create golf bags for the everyday golfer. It is no secret that Bag Boy creates amazing products for golfers like their travel covers and electric carts, but this year was the year of the golf bag. They have created two outstanding, convieient golf bags for the golfer like you and I. They have developed the VERY IMPORTANT Chiller line that is designed to keep your beverages (or adult beverages) cold during your round. Find out more here: bagboycompany.com
CHILLER CART BAG – $180
– 15- way full-lenth club slots
– Chiller pocket and removeable insulated cooler bag (Holds a 6 pack)
– Fleece lined valuables pocket to protect from weather.
CHILLER HYBRID STAND BAG – $180
– Lightweight; only weights 6.4LBS
– Top Lock Technology; Locks into most Bag Boy push carts.
-Chiller pocket and removeable insulated cooler bag (Holds a 6 pack)
4. JONES GOLF BAGS
Jones is another company that makes lifestyle bags as well as golf bags. This company is a bit different from all the others because they are keeping it simple with their golf line. Jones has been known to create the iconic single strap carry bags just as they had back in the day. While their golf bags are simple, they still give you enough storage space for all of your accessories. Because they are keeping it simple, but with a modern design, Jones has cracked our top golf bags of 2018 list. Find out more here: jonesgolfbags.com
ORIGINAL JONES BAG – $140
– Specifically made for the golf who loves to walk the course.
– Nylon and Vinyl material; works well in the weather.
– Lightweight; Only weights 3.15LBS
STAND BAG – $175
– 3-way club dividers
– Old school feel; modern design
– Insulated cooler pocket for refreshments.